Friday, June 3, 2016

Cravin' Craisin Cookies

One day while grocery shopping at a local market, they had some awesome oatmeal raisin, cranberry cookies... and of course me and my hubby had to get one. They were the best ever cookies I had eaten in a long time. So of course I had to try to make them at home.... came across a recipe that was close and I tweaked it just a bit. Yes!! these are my new favorite oatmeal raisin cranberry cookies. Delicious! These have become my new Scrabble treat to take to my parents. Enjoy!

Craving' Craisin Cookies
  1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups quick-cooking oats, powderize 1 cup in blender or food processor-Leave the other         cup whole
1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup golden raisins and 1 cup craisins, chopped in food processor-not too fine, but not whole
Directions
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla; beat well.
2. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the raisins and craisins. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
3. Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. 

Yield: about 5 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...