Thursday, March 31, 2016

Almost Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Bars

Oh man... this recipe is awesome. I found it while browsing on pinterest. You know what I love most about peanut butter cups? the peanut butter filling and this recipe just about does it for me! I think the secret is the crushed graham crackers.... If I let myself I could probably eat this whole recipe in one sitting...
Enjoy!
Almost Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Bars
1 cup finely crushed Honey Maid Graham crackers, (about 1 sleeve)
1 stick butter, melted
3/4 cup Jif creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup Milk chocolate chips

Mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, melted butter, and all but 2 Tablespoons peanut butter in a mixing bowl.
Smooth mixture into a parchment paper lined 8 x 8 baking dish. (make sure the parchment paper hangs over the sides of the pan, that way you can lift your bars out of the  pan for easier cutting.)
Set aside.
Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl with the 2 Tablespoons peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave for another 15 seconds and stir... keep melting and stirring until all the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
Spread melted chocolate mixture over the peanut butter mixture in the baking dish.
Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours. Then cut into squares.... and go ahead have 1 or 2 or 3....
Enjoy!

1 comment:

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...