Sunday, November 1, 2015

Salad with Grilled Shrimp with a Lime Vinaigrette

Since starting my 21 day fix journey, I have been eating healthier... I love trying to find healthier recipes to try and experiment with. And you know I LOVE watching the food network on my Saturday mornings, so when they did a version of this recipe I just HAD to try it out. I love shrimp and Jamaican flavors so I tweaked this recipe just a bit to my taste. Loved it. And a salad like this a great light evening meal. The original recipe is here but I did tweak it a bit. Enjoy!

Salad with Grilled Shrimp with a Lime Vinaigrette
Shrimp Marinade:
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1 Tablespoon Lime juice
1/2 (scant) teaspoon Jamaican Allspice
1/4 teaspoon smokey paprika
1/8 teaspoon chipotle powder
1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
Whisk this together in a large bowl, then add:
1 to 2 pounds large Shrimp, peeled and deveined and tails removed
Let your shrimp marinade while you prep the rest of the salad.

3 ears corn, cooked and cut of the cob (you can grill this or cook in the microwave)
4 cups Spring Mix Salad
1/4 to 1/2 cup lightly chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 to 1/2 cup lightly chopped fresh parsley
1 avocado, pitted and diced
One 14-ounce can chick peas, drained and rinsed
One 14 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 jalapeno, diced
1/4 of a red onion, finely diced
Place salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss together. Set aside while you make your salad dressing.

Salad Dressing:
1/4 cup lime juice
1/8 heaping teaspoon smokey paprika
a dash or two chipotle powder
1-2 teaspoons agave (to taste)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Whisk these ingredients together then drizzle in 1/2 cup olive oil while still whisking until it comes together. 
This is your salad dressing, add more salt and pepper to taste.
Now grill your shrimp.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. If you are grilling on an outside grill preheat your veggie grill pan (I used this then I didn't have to skewer my shrimp and it didn't fall through the grates).
Grill the shrimp until  no longer pink, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
Drizzle the salad with your desired amount of dressing. Serve in individual bowls or plates and top with grilled shrimp. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...