Sunday, August 30, 2015

Grilled Corn on the Cob

I LOVE corn on the cob... it's the season for grilling and corn on the cob. We had this  for dinner the other night. I know there are a lot of Mexican corn recipes out there but this was a different recipe, not Mexican, just a yummy grilling recipe. LOVED it and I love Feta cheese. Give it a try.

Grilled Corn on the Cob
4 ear fresh corn on the cob, in the husk but remove most of the silk from the top
1 stick butter, softened
2 Tablespoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
Salt and pepper
 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese, (I like to run mine through my food processor for finer crumb)

Directions:
Place corn in a sink full of cold water and soak for 30 minutes. I like to do this because the water soaks into the corn. It will steam your corn as it cooks--YUM! I also sprinkle in some sea salt or kosher salt to help season the corn just a bit.

After your corn is done soaking, preheat your grill for 5 minutes. While grill is heating remove the corn from the water and shake off just a bit.
When grill is hot, place corn on the grill, turning occasionally. Grill for 15 to 20 minutes. Corn should be cooked and husks should have grill marks on all sides.

While corn is cooking mix the Butter, garlic powder, smoked paprika and a pinch or two of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix until all combined.

Remove the corn from the husks and spread the butter mixture generously all over the corn. Sprinkle with Feta cheese and enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Trisha Yearwood

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...