Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Homemade Peanut Butter Cup bars

Over the years I have tried a lot of times to come up with a recipe that tasted like the inside of a peanut butter cup. I may have found it!!! I usually melt peanut butter and then stir in powdered sugar till I have the consistency I want, but something was missing. I found this recipe here and followed it pretty much to a tee except I added salted roasted peanuts. I love nuts and love crunchy candy. Enjoy!

Homemade Peanut Butter Cup Bars
½ cup butter
1¾ cups powdered sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter
¾ cup graham cracker crumbs

2 Tablespoons butter
½ cup milk chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)


1/2 cup chopped salty roasted peanuts
DIRECTIONS:
1. Line an 8x8-inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving enough to hang over the sides.  Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the ½ cup of butter over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and chopped peanuts until completely combined and smooth. Spread the peanut butter mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
3. In the now-empty saucepan, melt the 2 Tablespoons butter. Add the chocolate and stir until almost completely melted. Remove from heat and continue stirring until completely melted. Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer and smooth into an even layer.
4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set. Remove from the pan using the foil overhangs and place on a cutting board. Use a knife to slice into 16 bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. This look very good. I want to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank-you! they are yummy. I love your copy cat recipes.

    ReplyDelete

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...