Saturday, December 13, 2014

Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies

Ok, if you like anything chocolate you have to try this recipe out. It's my niece's recipe, which you can find here. I tweaked a bit, I found I could make 14 cookies rather than 12 easy. I also added mini chocolate chips since I thought regular would be too bulky to wrap around the marshmallow. LOVE them. These are a rich dark chocolate cookie that is amazing. I think Santa would even enjoy these cookies. YUMMO!

Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Adapted slightly from  Home Sweet Spice
~Ingredients~
Makes 12 to 14 Cookies 

1/2 cup softened butter
6 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used a Dutch dark chocolate cocoa powder)

1 cup Mini chocolate chips
6 or 7  marshmallows (cut in half)

Pre-heat oven to 350 F (176 C)
Cream together the butter and sugars.
Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix well.

Mix together all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.

Add dry ingredients slowly to wet.
Add chips.

Once chips are mixed, make cookies balls about 2 tbsp in size.
Press 1/2 a marshmallow into the center and make sure to wrapped the dough all the way around. You don't want the marshmallow "leaking" out.
Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will crack open, but that's ok.

These things are amazing :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...