Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Loaded Potato Salad



  • I love potato salad. Sunday I decide to make Ribs and BBQ pork tenderloin since I was in the mood for BBQ sauce. I always love potato salad with ribs and grilled things but I was tired of the usual potato salad. I can't remember how I ran across this recipe but I thought I'd give it a try. I did tweak it a bit for my taste but it's yummy. My husband was skeptical at first  but he liked it as well. I thought it wouldn't be good cold but it is and reminds you of a loaded baked potato. I thought I better hurry and post this recipe since the 4th of July is coming up fast and it's grilling season! This is yummy. I just might have to make at my 4th of July BBQ. Enjoy!

  • Loaded Potato Salad   --Serves 8
  • 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered and sliced into bite size pieces
  • 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
  • 3 tablespoons sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions
  • Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
  • Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, until
  • crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons
  • drippings. Chop bacon when cool enough to handle.
  • Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add bacon and reserved drippings; toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
  • Whisk the mayonnaise, dressing, sour cream and mustard in a small  bowl. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Stir in onions and cheese. Sprinkle with  salt and pepper to taste. 
  • Yield: 8 servings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...