Sunday, May 18, 2014

Berry Cheesecake Trifle

I love Trifles....I'll be honest, I haven't made many but you can do anything you want when it comes to a trifle. You can use brownies, angel food cake, cookies..... but I used a pound cake. You can layer any flavor pudding , whipped cream, fruit, just use your imagination. I decided to make one for Mother's day. I LOVE Cheesecake with fruit on top, so that's the flavor I was going for. I layered cut up pound cake, pudding, berries and a little bit of graham cracker crumbs and whipped cream. Sooooo yummy! and not too filling. Use your imagination and go create a trifle... you won't be sorry. :)

Berry Cheesecake Trifle
1 pkg.  (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Cheescake Flavor Instant Pudding
2 cups cold milk
1- (8oz.) container  COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 prepared loaf pound cake, (I made mine from a mix)
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs

Prepare the pudding according to package directions in a separate bowl. 
Slice 1/2 the pound cake (or as much as you want, I used half and it was plenty) into slices, then cut into bite-size cubes. 
Place half the pound cake cubes in the bottom of a trifle bowl (or any clear bowl will work) then spread 1/2 of the pudding on the pound cake. Next sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of the graham cracker crumbs on the pudding. Now place half of each of the berries around for the next layer. REMEMBER to save 4 or 5 of the prettiest of each kind of berry to decorate the top of your trifle, set these aside. Now spread half of the cool whip on top of the berries. Repeat with more pound cake, then pudding, then graham cracker crumbs, berries then cool whip. To garnish the top sprinkle with a little graham cracker crumbs and the pretty berries you saved.
Serve and enjoy!! This was so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...